Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Back to Gros Morne and Points East (July 19 & 20)

 Of course, there was no easy route to get to our next destination. We had to backtrack to Gros Morne National Park so we could continue east! Bob and I didn't stay in the park, we opted to stay at a Harvest Host near the park...Gros Morne Farm and Market. It was a tight turn to get into the parking lot so we passed the entrance and drove to a place we could unhook the car, then we each drove a vehicle into the market area. The turn was much easier for Bob without the added length of the car behind Sol. 

Once set up, I shopped the farm stand. I purchased garlic scapes, mixed greens, snow peas, and a few small bok choy.  After I made my purchases, it was time to explore more of Gros Morne. This time we were on the east side of the park. As it was late in the day we chose to visit Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse.

 After looking around in the lighthouse, we walked the trails around the lighthouse.

 One trail took us to steps down to the water. Bob chose to stay at the top of the stairs.

 I walked down to see what the tide left when it went out!
 I didn't see much. One thing I have noticed on the shores of Newfoundland is that there are no shells like we have on Florida shores. There are just rocks and more rocks!

We only spent one night near Gros Morne and it was time to move on to Thunder Brook. This was a one night stop at a popular swimming area near Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland. There were two waterfalls at this stop! I walked to the first one with Connie the day we arrived.  There were young men jumping from the rocks into the water. I have to say, they scared me....no pictures!

The following morning, Bob and I walked to both falls. This was the first falls.

 About  a hundred yards up the trail was the second falls.

 We enjoyed our stopover at the falls, but once again it was time to move on to another area.

No comments: