Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Still Catching Up--May and June, 2016

Bob and I planned to visit Mayport in early May, but my gall bladder said, ain't no way....not happening. In fact, I'm not sure what happened to May. I do know that as soon as I was given the okay after major gall bladder surgery, Bob and I hit the road. We went for a quick trip to Lake Louisa State Park near Clermont, Florida. Jennifer, Andy and Sydney joined us so we could drive to Disney and activate our tickets. After we got set up, I took it easy for the rest of the day, enjoying our site and the fresh air.

 Once the crew arrived, Sydney wanted to drive the bus. That look says, "P-Paw, hurry up and get my picture, I'm busy driving this bus!"
 Earlier in the week when Sydney found out we were going to Disney, she kept saying she was going to hug Goofy. We had to wait in line, but she got her turn to hug Goofy.
 We all enjoyed a train ride around Magic Kingdom. It helped us cool off a bit.
 It was a long day and it wore me out, but it was a lot of fun. The next day the crew had to leave. Before they got on the road, we walked the boardwalk at the day use area in Lake Louisa looking for gators and other wild animals.
 After saying good bye, Bob and I stayed at Lake Louisa for several days. We did the usual geocaching, hiking (boy was it hot!) and visiting breweries. This trip we visited the Crooked Can Brewery in Winter Park, Florida.

When we returned home, it was time to prepare for our summer trip to the Florida Keys.

No comments: